Monday, September 21, 2015

Paying down credit card debt current progress

It has been a difficult few weeks.

One major conflict I had with myself is that I wanted to get a new camera. Why? I needed one that handled low light better I volunteered to take pictures of an indoor speaking event for a friend and I was hell bent on getting a camera better than the Canon T3i I have now and I had my heart set on the Canon 6D ($1300) . I was so close to pulling out my already paid off Best Buy card to finance it. Thank Goodness I had already cut it up! Be-live it or not, I actually went through the trouble of calling up Best Buy and they said they could pull my charge account up at the register with my SSN# and Drivers License so I didn't even need to have the card!

Some how the stars aligned and I never made it to best buy, and I had the brilliant Idea of renting a lens at a local camera store, $30 for a day. I went to the vent took pictures. They turned out so nice and I did not feel guilty. I felt proud of my self that I didn't get into more debt while I am still trying to paid debt off. Sounds like such a simple concept but we each have our struggles. This one was mine and I over came it. One step at time, one decision at a time. Keep on paying down and climbing out of that hole.

Here is my September check-in. Still plugging away at W card.

A quote borrowed from Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret:

No comments:

Post a Comment